Thursday, February 9, 2017

New Year, New Me

Ok, so I promise this isn't going to turn into a strictly diet/Weight Watchers blog, BUT I do want to share with y'all my recent lifestyle change!

To give y'all a little background info - in my normal state I'm a pretty petite 5'2" body frame, however my new normal the past couple years has not been very petite. In high school I was a cheerleader and I played basketball, so I was very active - all.the.time. When I came to college 4 years ago, the only activity I got throughout the day was walking across campus to and from class. Fortunately, I didn't gain the freshman 15, but worse, I gained the junior 55 pounds. Yes- you read that right FIFTY-FIVE pounds in just a year! Absolutely crazy!!! I'm currently a senior in college and I have had enough. I feel huge!! My body isn't meant to be this big, so it's time for a change.

My roommate Courtney and I decided to join Weight Watchers. We started on Tuesday, so we have just finished day 3 and I honestly already feel so much better- I don't feel bloated, I have more energy, and just all the way around- I feel better. The first day was hard, I was thinking about food all day, which made me super hungry and a little cranky, but day 2 and 3 were much easier. They say after 3 days it becomes much easier, so I'm excited to say I made it through 3 full days.

Weight Watchers works on a points scale. When you register you enter your birthday, height, current weight, goal weight, and current activity level and it decides how many points you should have in a day. Fruits and vegetable are 0 points (except corn and potatoes and a few other thing), so its always good to be able to stock up on fruits and veggies when you get hungry! I can have 30 points per day, and 40 weekly's (which are "extra" points per week). So far I haven't used any weekly's and I don't plan too.

I will weigh in on Tuesdays, so every Tuesday I will blog about my previous week! So far Weight Watchers is working well, and I am super excited for this journal to a healthier, happier me! If you anyone has any tips or good Weight Watchers recipes, please feel free to share! Also if anyone is trying to lose weight, but keeps getting frustrated, I strongly suggest Weight Watchers, because you can still eat what you want, just in proportion. Also, if anyone needs an accountability partner - I will be glad to help!


See ya tomorrow!

xoxo Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment