Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Patience



"Patience"- noun- the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

Patience- a definition so simple, but yet so hard to grasps. Patience is something a lot of us struggle with, or at least I know I do. For me,  in the past, patience has meant that I would miss out on something I wanted. So I have rushed things- which personally, I think "rushing" is the opposite of "patience." I have tried to rush engagement, rush marriage, rush weight loss, rush my future, instead of simply enjoying the journey, trusting Gods plan, and being patient.  

Patience to me now goes hand-in-hand with faith- and trust me on this- in order to have patience you gotta have a whole lotta FAITH. There's been times over the past 6 months where I have wanted to throw in the towel and give up! I have thought time and time again- I will never find the right guy, I will never get married, I will never lose this stubborn weight. I have been everything but patient, I have been very impatient, but lately my mind-set has been different.

Now don't get me wrong, I have definitely not perfected patience, but it is something I am working on every. single. day. Instead of me getting mad at all the things I want to happen soon  right now and aren't, I am trusting that God has a plan and I'm being patient. Trust me on this y'all- God's plan for you and me is perfect, 100% perfect, we just all have to be patient and let God do the rest!













No comments:

Post a Comment