Thursday, January 19, 2017

Caleb Byrnes Todd

"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:7

Monday, January 16th 2017 at 6:35 p.m. the most precious baby boy was born weighing 7 lbs 9 oz and 20" long, and I am lucky enough to be his aunt! How cool is that?! Caleb, you have me wrapped around you teeny tiny finger already! 

I always knew I had an awesome big sister, but after being with her Monday through the whole labor and delivery process, she is def my biggest role model! Anna, has gone through a lot to get little Caleb here - a couple years of fertility issues, a miscarriage, and then out of the blue with no medication Anna found out she was pregnant!!!! I will never forget the day she called me to tell me she was pregnant - I was sitting in my car at our local Bojangles eating breakfast before work (nothing unusual) and she called and I could just hear it in her voice and then she told me! I was SO excited! As soon as we got off the phone I cried and cried, happy tears of course! I don't think I will ever forget that morning. It goes to show that God is good and He is faithful, always. 

Anna was sick most of her pregnancy and not just in the morning- she had ALL day sickness (no exaggeration.) After about 22 weeks (I think?- somewhere around then) she started getting better, which was a relief to us all! Throughout her pregnancy and all the sickness she endured, she never failed to give me a million reasons of why I am so proud to be her little sister!

Anna found out the gender of her baby in July- and from then on I went into full baby-shopping mode! Luckily - or should I say not so lucky for my bank account, I work at a women and children's boutique, so I was able to stock up on baby clothes right away! 

Before we knew it, January was here! Caleb's birth month! His due date was January 15th, and Caleb Byrnes made his grand arrival Monday the 16th, and it couldn't have been more perfect. I spent the whole day at the hospital anticipating his arrival - I was SO excited! When the time got closer and we all had to exit the room, my emotions went crazy! I was not only so excited that any minute I would have a brand new nephew, but I was also super proud of my sister, and thanking God for blessing Anna, and us with this precious baby! 

Our whole family was there; my parents, Kevin's (my brother-in-law) parents, K.C. and Kaden (Caleb's big brothers), and myself! We actually stood in the hallway outside of Anna's room and we were able to hear Caleb first cries. It. Was. Incredible. We were all bursting with excitement! Not too much longer we were all able to go in the room to see Caleb - and goodness he is literally PERFECT! I know I am probably biased, but really y'all - he is a beautiful baby! Both Anna and Caleb did great! 

Caleb is a blessing from God - no doubt about that! I love him so much already, and I am still so amazed at awesome God is! I can't wait to watch Caleb grow! Caleb- I will always be one of your biggest fans!

"God is Faithful." Psalm 36:5



xoxo

Stephanie 






No comments:

Post a Comment