Monday, January 30, 2017

Weekend Recap

This past Thursday (January 26th) was my 22nd birthday, and I spent the weekend with some of my best friends at Surfside Beach. Luckily for me my long weekend started on Thursday.

Thursday evening I headed to my sisters house to play with my new nephew Caleb and have a very small family birthday dinner. My parents picked up food from my favorite restaurant and after dinner we all spent time talking and playing with fighting over who gets to hold the baby. I stayed at my sister's house that night and got a bunch of sweet baby cuddles all night!




Friday morning- I slept wayyy too late. Got lunch, and started packing for my weekend with my friends! We made it to the beach around 3:30 and went straight to the grocery store to get groceries for the weekend. By the time we got back to the beach house, and put the groceries away, it was supper time! For dinner this night we order pizza from California Pizza! So yummy! Then everyone sang happy birthday to me and we ate a homemade caramel that my Grandma made for me! After that we all just hung around the house and played card games!





























Saturday morning we all woke up and cooked a big breakfast complete with eggs, grits, bacon, and toast. We got ready and a few of us went off to do a ocean front helicopter ride. Side note: I have ALWAYS wanted to do this, and never have, so this weekend I was able to do it with some of my closest friends! I was a little scared at first, but it was SO much fun! I will definitely be doing the longer helicopter tour this Summer when I go back to the beach with my family! After the helicopter ride, we headed off to the Market Commons, which is an upscale outdoor shopping area with shops, restaurants, bars, and Town-homes. While we were there I spotted the spa, and if you know me, you know I love a good massage, so I treated myself to a 60 min long massage and it was FABULOUS. Probably one the best I have ever had!





















For dinner Saturday night we ate at Yamato's Japanese Steakhouse at Broadway at the Beach and it was fantastic. Japanese food is one of my favorites! It was pretty late when we got done eating, so we headed back to the beach house to hang out! The girls baked cookies- and we all hung around chatting and playing cards! It was a perfect night!






Sunday morning came to soon- and off we were back home! I went straight to my aunt's house to celebrate my Grandma's birthday with my family! Sunday night I headed back to Clemson (Gooo Tigers!!!!!)  to begin a new week!

I had a great birthday weekend with my friends, and I'm already looking forward to my 23rd birthday trip next year!


xoxo

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment